How to Remove Autorun.inf Virus from PC, USB, System Manually
We usually found virus on our Desktop, laptop, PC etc. I always recommend to Maintain Your laptop and Keep your System Secure. By doing this there are less chances to get your system infected with virus attacks. We usually found Autorun.inf virus on our system or USB, which could be dangerous sometimes. Here I will demonstrate easy steps to remove Autorun.inf virus manually from PC, USB or laptop.
How to Know if your system is infected with Autorun.inf virus?
Firstly, we must know if our system is really infected with this virus!! Follow below steps to check:
- Go to My Computer
- Right click C Drive
- If option with "Play" comes, it means your system is infected with Autorun.inf virus
How to Remove Autorun.inf virus completely from your system?
- Disable CD, DVD or USB Autorun using windows utility suggested as below
- Click start Run and type GPEDIT.MSC to open Group Policy editor window
- On the left side panel expand Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System.
- Locate the "turn auto play off" panel at right side
- "Enable" that by double click or options
- Open Winrar.exe (If you don't have Winrar installed, you can download from net easily)
- Browse for infected drive with Autorun.inf virus with the use of winrar explorer
- You easily can see hidden files under winrar explorer.
- Fine the file named Autorun.inf and open it using notepad
- You can see .exe file mentioned in that Autorun file. This exe file is the main culprit. Kindly note that name of exe file and close autorun.inf file
- Search for .Exe file we found inside autorun.inf within drive (Ex: c:/) and Delete it along with Autorun.inf
- Restart your Operating System.
I guess Now your system is free with Autorun.inf Virus.
* You can Repeat the same process if your Usb or Pendrives are infected with Autorun.inf virus.